CAMPUS INTERVIEWS : HSBC TECHNOLOGIES

 

Campus Interviews

Part 22 :

Me: Hey Simran! Congratulations on joining HSBC Technologies as a full-time employee.


Simran: Thank you so much!


Me: How is your lockdown vacation going?


Simran: I am a bit bored, sad about the fact that I missed my last few months at college.

        I am trying to learn cooking and reading books and doing a few courses online. :D


Me: Yeah, I guess most people found it a bit difficult to adjust to the lockdown. How was your interview? Could you tell us about the questions that you were asked?


Simran: Yeah, so there were two rounds for the Interview:- 1. Technical Round, and when you clear the technical round, you have 2. The HR round. 


Me: Okay, what questions were asked in the technical round?


Simran: The interviewer for the technical round was a friendly natured man.

        The interview started with him and me introducing ourselves.

       Then he was looking at my Resume and he started asking me questions about the projects I did.

       One of the projects I did was an android app, so he asked me the layout and how I made the app in general.

       He even asked me some more details related to android.

       The best part was that he did not have much experience with app development. 

       And when I told him about SQLite DB used in the app, he was surprised and he liked that he learnt something new from a student.

       Then asked me about my 3rd-year Internship project. He asked me why had I chosen that particular topic for my 3rd-year Seminar, and he asked me details about it.

       Then he even briefly asked me about my final year project.

       He even asked me, if I knew who was the founder of HSBC and when the bank came to India.

       Basically my technical round was entirely based on what I had written in my Resume.

       Then, I came out of the room and a HSBC volunteer asked him about my interview's feedback.

       After around 5 minutes I was told that I was qualified for the next round- the HR round.


Me: Oh and how was the HR round?


Simran: The HR round was taken by a Ma'am. We both introduced ourselves and then she started looking at my Resume. 

       She asked me about my school life, how was it and all. Then she also asked about my college life at Cummins. 

       Now as I was in a girls school till 10th and now also for engineering I am in an all-female college, so she asked me,

       if I was comfortable in a co-ed environment :D. 

       Then we moved onto my family, she asked how many members are there, and what my parents do and what my sister does.

       She then asked me why I chose Comp Engg and what I know about HSBC.

       Then we talked about my extracurricular activities.

       She asked me situation based questions. For example what if I was in a team of 20 members 

       and the team was discussing to choose a type of language for the new project at hand and I had a suggestion which was different from others, 

       so how would I convince my team to use my suggestion?

       She even asked me, where I see myself in 5 years. 

       Then she asked if I was ok and flexible with any of the two locations - Pune and Hyderabad. I replied yes.

       Overall the HR round was a nice and friendly chat session.


Me: Any other questions that were asked?


Simran: For technical: They ask either resume based or then subjects related theory based questions.

       For HR - generally, questions are asked about your family background, hobbies, questions related to the company.

       They can even ask questions about the company PowerPoint presentation they showed before the interview.

       Or they may ask about your 5year and 10 years later plans or what do you see for yourself, what are your salary expectations?

       Are you thinking of studying abroad?

       What if you don't get selected today? 

       Do you have any questions for us? (can be asked by both the Technical panel and HR too)

       Why should we hire you?, etc.


Me: That's very informative. What was your reaction on knowing that you got the job?


Simran: In the evening, around 5 pm, they called all of us in the KB Joshi auditorium and announced the results..!!!! 

       They chose 11 girls in total.

       The moment they announced my name, I was frozen in my seat. I actually asked the girl next to me, twice, like did they really announce my name?!!! :D :D The moment was amazing. I was happy as well damn emotional too!!! 🤭😁 


Me: Wow, Congratulations once again. What books or websites did you refer to?

Simran: geeksforgeeks.com: This site has interview experiences and lots of technical stuff on the major subjects, I think everyone is familiar with this site :D, then quora also has nice answers.


Me: Thank you Simran for sharing your experience with us. It was amazing talking to you. Would you like to share your email in case people have some doubts?


Simran: Yes sure, I'll DM it to you.

 


Comments

Whats Trending?